Some people like Ranch dressing on everything. I like Tzatziki! This goes great with pita chips as an appetizer, or any Greek-style meat like my Souvlaki.
- 1 large English cucumber peeled & grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle grated cucumber with 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl and let stand 10 to 15 minutes to draw out juice.
- Place yogurt into a separate bowl. Dump cucumber and its juice onto a sturdy, dry paper or cloth towel and squeeze as much moisture as possible from the cucumber. Mix cucumber into yogurt. Add garlic and lemon juice; mix thoroughly. Stir dill into yogurt-cucumber mixture; season with salt and black pepper. Adjust all seasonings to taste.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 or 4 hours (or overnight).