Thai Curry Chicken Skewers
These are great grilled in the summer, and you MUST serve them with my peanut dipping sauce! The sauce is so good I want to drink it!
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar packed
- zest of one lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins or boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- Make the marinade by combining all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken pieces and mix until the chicken is evenly coated. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. Or just skip the bowl and use a large Ziploc bag.
- If you are using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for at least an hour prior to putting the chicken on them to ensure they do not burn.
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Meanwhile, thread the chicken pieces onto skewers. Grease the grill. Place skewers on the grill and cook for about 10 minutes, turning once, or until the chicken is cooked through.