I always serve my Garlic Linguine alongside this dish.
- 1 1/2 cups roma tomatoes seeded & diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pound top loin steak trimmed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Combine the tomatoes and the next 4 ingredients in a bowl for the relish. Salt & pepper to taste; set aside.
- Cut the steak into eight 3-oz. pieces, then pound them to about ¼” thick using the smooth side of a meat mallet. Season both sides of the cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Place the flour, eggs, and crumbs into three separate shallow dishes. Dredge cutlets in flour, followed by the eggs, then the crumbs. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet; chill 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high to 350 degrees. Fry the cutlets in batches until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Fry remaining cutlets.
- Top the cutlets with relish.