You can easily double or triple this recipe and then freeze what you don’t use. This recipe is enough for about 3 pizzas, which is what my Pizza Dough recipe makes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 15 ounces canned crushed tomatoes
- salt & pepper to taste
- pinch of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 fresh basil leaves chopped
- Add olive oil into a hot pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook a few minutes. Add garlic and cook a couple of minutes more, until the onions are soft.
- Add the wine to deglaze the pan, and cook for a minute or two. Add the crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, sugar, and dried oregano and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the chopped basil at the end and let cool to spread on your pizza dough.