Orange Chicken Piccata
If you’re not a huge fan of the typical lemon chicken piccata, then you must try this recipe. If you like capers and want to add them, feel free to do so at the end.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsely minced
- Cut each breast in half lengthwise. Cover with plastic wrap and pound to ¼” thickness. Remove plastic and season with salt & pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour. Sauté cutlets in oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip and sauté for 2 more minutes. Remove cutlets from pan and keep warm.
- Deglaze pan with juice, wine and mustard. Simmer until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Whisk in butter until melted. Return cutlets to pan to heat through, then garnish with parsley.