Korean BBQ Beef
This is a quick and easy dish to make. Just make sure to slice the beef very thin. I find it easier if I freeze it for 1/2 hour first. I serve it over rice.
- 1/4 onion thinly sliced
- 3 green onions chopped, dark green separated from light green
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak sliced very thin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine yellow onion, white and light green parts of green onions, soy sauce, sugar, sesame seeds, garlic, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, ginger, and black pepper in a bowl until marinade is well mixed. Add steak slices to marinade; cover and refrigerate, 1 hour to 1 day.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, cook and stir steak and marinade together in the hot skillet, adding honey to caramelize the steak, until steak is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Garnish with green parts of green onions.