Holiday Bacon Appetizers
These appetizers can be made in advance and frozen. Bake as directed, cool, and then freeze. When you’re ready to eat, put them on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes or until sizzling.
- 42 Club Crackers You will need 3 times the number of slices of bacon.
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 1 pound bacon
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Lay the crackers face up on a large rack over a baking sheet (or broiler pan). Scoop a packed teaspoon of the brown sugar onto each cracker.
- Cut the pieces of bacon in thirds and carefully, so the sugar doesn't fall off, wrap each sugar-covered cracker with one-third piece of bacon, completely covering the cracker. It should fit snugly around the cracker, but not be pulled too taut.
- Place the bacon-wrapped crackers onto the rack. Place the baking sheet in the oven for about 2 hours. Serve immediately or at room temperature!