Creamy Tuscan Sausage Pasta
This seriously takes about 20 minutes to make. Not exactly the healthiest dish in my collection, but it's comfort food at it's best.
- 8 ounces penne pasta uncooked
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot to boil and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet add the sausage. Cook and crumble until it is no longer pink. Set aside on a plate.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan until all the alcohol has burned off.
- Add the heavy cream, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Whisk over medium high heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add the spinach and sundried tomatoes and let it simmer until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Add the sausage back to the pan and add the pasta and stir until heated throughout. Season with salt & pepper.