Chicken in Tomato-Coconut Sauce
This is a quick and delicious dinner which I like to serve over rice with a side of broccoli.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- salt & pepper
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons fesh lime juice or more to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and saute in oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until browned on both sides. Add onion, garlic and pepper flakes, and cook until onion is translucent.
- Stir in tomatoes and coconut milk, and cook until tomatoes begin to break down, 5-6 minutes.
- Add cilantro and lime juice, and simmer a couple minutes more. Season with salt if needed, and serve over rice.