Who doesn’t love chicken fajitas?? And the best part is everyone can construct their own adding whatever toppings they like. I often prefer to skip the tortilla, and made a salad out of it using romaine lettuce.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 bell pepper, any color seeded & cut into strips
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 8 flour tortillas warmed in the microwave
- shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, avocado, etc.
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the chili powder with the salt, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, water and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the chicken, bell pepper and onion, seal and knead gently to coat. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, or as long as you wish.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet until shimmering. Empty the contents of the bag into the skillet and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Transfer the chicken and vegetables to a large bowl and serve with the warmed tortillas, cheese, salsa, sour cream and whatever else you enjoy!