Ceviche-Style Shrimp with Avocado Dip
This dish will convert people who don’t like shrimp to love it! Also, don't use pre-cooked shrimp. I tried it once and they turned out rubbery.
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 serrano chile seeded, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 pounds large uncooked shrimp shelled & deveined
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine lime juice, red onion, cilantro, garlic, chili, olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano in a medium bowl.
- Cook shrimp in large pot of boiling salted water 2 to 3 minutes or until pink; drain. Place in lime juice mixture; stir to coat. Refrigerate 1 1/2 to no more than 2 hours, stirring frequently.
- Combine avocado, sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice and salt in a food processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Drain shrimp and serve with avocado dip on the side.