Basil Parmesan Spread
I serve this with crackers, and also toasted sliced baguette that I rub with a cut clove of garlic right after I took it out of the oven.
- 3/4 cup fresh spinach chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces feta crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomato paste
- In a food processor, blend the spinach, basil and garlic. Gradually mix in the olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Process until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend cream cheese and feta cheese in a medium bowl.
- Line a separate medium bowl with plastic wrap. Spread 1/2 the cream cheese mixture in the bowl. Top with sun-dried tomato paste and the spinach mixture. Cover with remaining cream cheese mixture. Pat together, cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving. Flip out of the plastic lined bowl onto a medium serving dish to serve.