In the middle of this Corona Virus lockdown, I felt like baking. I had some extra apples in the refrigerator, so why not make some muffins. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil can substitute applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups apples peeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with 10 paper liners.
- With a mixer, cream together sugar, egg, oil, and vanilla. The mixture should be a pale yellow.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until combined. The batter will be very thick almost like the texture of cookie dough. Mix in the diced apples. The dough will loosen up a bit when the apples are mixed in.
- Fill paper liners almost to the top, about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle each muffin top generously with brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-24 minutes.